MFA arranged a dialogue for the members of the Asia Inter-Parliamentary Caucus on Labour Migration with Congressman John Bertiz, House of Representatives, Philippines and Ms. Cecilia Lero from the Office of Congressman Tom Villarin to provide space for parliamentarians to exchange experiences and to identify parliamentary strategies for ratification and domestification of C189.
The dialogue was part of the Regional Conference on Enhancing Collective Advocacy, Action and Empowerment of Domestic Workers in Asia held in Manila on 22-24 October 2017 by MFA and International Domestic Workers Federation (IDWF) to further strengthen the domestic workers movement in the region and further establish strategic alliances among national, regional and global networks including other actors such as parliamentarians.
The dialogue was participated in by:
- Hon. Pemba Lama, Member of Parliament, Nepal
- Hon. Israfil Alam, Member of Parliament, Bangladesh
- Hon. John Bertiz, House of Representative, Philippines
- Mr. Sarath Mouth, Representative, Office of Hon. Mu Sochua, Member of Parliament, Cambodia
- Ms. Cecilia Lero, Representative, Office of Hon. Tom Villarin, House of Representative, Philippines